AR Contest Announcement
Important Note: All Contests in the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series are governed by their Announcements provided on this website and by these terms and conditions.
To register for the AR Hackathon Contest track, click on “Join this hackathon” on the contest page at www.fbar3.devpost.com
Using Spark AR Studio, build a World AR effect that’s optimized for an exciting new product — Instagram Reels.
- July 28th - September 8th
- Deadline to submit is September 8th at 5:00 pm EDT
Judging/Security Check/Winners Announcement
- Judging and Security Check will take place between September 9th - September 17th
- Winners will be announced on or about September 18th
- Submit the Share link to the Spark AR effect for Instagram (which includes the effect ID) OR a preview/testing link for unpublished effects
- Provide a link to your publicly accessible code repository containing the project file.
- Include a video of your completed solution/project.
Prizes for winning Individual, Org or Team:
- One Oculus VR headset per team member (up to 4 maximum devices)
- At least one 30-minute Meeting with a Facebook Engineer
2nd Place: $2,500
3rd Place: $1,500
*All prizing subject to full Official Rules. Oculus Quest devices, subject to availability, shipping restrictions and delays, and if unavailable may be replaced with an equivalent prize. Mode and method for delivery of all prizes, including electronic payment or other legal tender, scheduling and medium for virtual meeting with engineers at Sponsor’s discretion based on availability.
You may be disqualified from the AR Hackathon Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if Facebook reasonably believes that you have not complied, or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the AR Hackathon Contest, in accordance with the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series Terms.